DinoSystem (dev logs)

0 favourites
  • An uncompromising survival and ecological simulation inspired by games like SimLife, Don't Starve and Notrium.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Vote for DinoSystem on Steam Greenlight

DinoSystem website

Facebook page

FEATURES:

Ecosystem simulation: the game simulates everything from plants, animals and weather, to seasons and day/night cycle. All living things, and even the soil, evolve over time according to simulated parameters. Nothing "spawns" from nothing: kill all animals or plants of a given species, and it will become extinct. God mode: introduce new animals, alter the weather, create barriers to isolate a species or lay destruction with asteroids and other calamities. See how the world adapts to your godly whishes, or set the starting rules and just watch how things evolve. Survival mode: join the ecosystem as a survivor; you require to eat, drink, sleep, watch the temperature and protect from predators. The survival mechanics even allow your body metabolism to change according to the way you survive, along with body muscles and fat! Build a shelter, gather fruits, farm or hunt: how you survive is up to you, and you'll see long-term changes to your body and skills according to your virtual life-style. Realistic temperature: the character temperature model is very realistic as everything is taken into account; from proximity to fire, being soaked, wind chill, sun exposure, and even physical activity and being idle/sleeping. Ambient temperature is influenced by season, time of day, weather and humidity. Stats and skills: complex skill system which allows to learn, and even unlearn things you don't practice. Stats like strength and athletics depending on character muscle mass, metabolism, weight and general condition. Breed dinosaurs: get familiarity with the ancient beasts, learn how to handle them, steal an egg and raise your own triceratops! One planned feature is to have a genetic pool that each animal inherits from its parents: this will generate a principle of natural selection (and thus small-scale evolution), and will give you a reason to breed a particular animal. Open-ended gameplay: the game has no fixed purpose to fulfill. Play as long as you like, experiment, see how far you can go and how fat you can get, survive the apocalypse, or die of dysentery and starvation! The world keeps changing and you with it. Archivements: non-linear, open-ended gameplay doesn't mean you won't get rewarded: the game tracks your archivements as you bring your ecosystem to glory or successfully survive as part of it.
  • I almost can't believe this is made in C2, this looks STELLAR. Somewhere between a survival game like don't starve and a god game, with real life inspired gameplay and DINOSAURS!

I'm really impressed, and really excited for it to be released.

• I almost can't believe this is made in C2, this looks STELLAR. Somewhere between a survival game like don't starve and a god game, with real life inspired gameplay and DINOSAURS!

I'm really impressed, and really excited for it to be released.

You just grasped the soul of the game and the source of its inspiration!

C2 is a powerful tool, the world will understand

• This project looks absolutely impressiv and great - really fantastic!!!

Als skelooth say, i can't believe that it's made with C2

Good luck and i hope you can release it!

• This project looks absolutely impressiv and great - really fantastic!!!

Als skelooth say, i can't believe that it's made with C2

Good luck and i hope you can release it!

Thanks! C2 is extremely powerful, i'll never stop repeating that

Btw, the

is up!

• We are going to launch a Kickstarter before the end of February!

• This game should also be on scirra homepage.

Speechless.... "and inspired"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This game should also be on scirra homepage.

Speechless.... "and inspired"

Thanks!

Btw, we're starting to get some press coverage

• DinoSystem Kickstarter campaign is finally live!

• Looks cool.

• Looks good. Good Luck with the Kickstarter

• Looks nice!

• Kickstarter update: we're close to 900$!

• Quick update:

*The project reached 7150 events (with abundant use of functions and families).

*We're now greenlit and going to start early access in july!

*KS failed and we'll start early access probably without relaunching the campaign before (will confirm soon though).

*Graphics got improved since the trailer/screenshots, and i need to remake those.

*Character creation editor is in place and will be expanded, but there are already a fairly large amount of options to customize the (initial) stats.

*New map generation is in place, creating a new different island at new game (from tiny like in the screenshot, to huge).

Some new screenshots:

• Looks really good!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)