Dash up bird [DEVLOG]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The "Flying bird" game assets. The characters have been created with inspiration from popular mobile games
  • Thank you!

• Finished 16 levels! Each level has a different color now.

• hi

mmmm great

your game is switching colors or no ?

and how you create/generate the obstacles ? are they static ?

thanks for reply

• how you get the obstacles moves and bird move up ?

i'm trying to do it since 5 hours and dont success

• Thanks matrixreal31

The colors change every 2nd level. Yes, the obstacles are static. So I just use the platform behavior to move the bird up. Hope that helps.

• I think "Dash up bird" will be ready for release in 1-2 weeks. Have to draw some birds now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • and you scroll to bird position yes?

• Hey Egon, mind me asking, how do you get the gates to open and close?

I've been trying with custom movement but I cant get it to work properly.

• Hey Egon, mind me asking, how do you get the gates to open and close?

I've been trying with custom movement but I cant get it to work properly.

Just use sine movement? Easy as pie.

• uhhhh this game looks pretty colorful, and nice to play, i love how u matched the colors, its the simple contrast i always loved that on games, and not the glamour sparkling stuff. great job man

• > Hey Egon, mind me asking, how do you get the gates to open and close?

> I've been trying with custom movement but I cant get it to work properly.

>

Just use sine movement? Easy as pie.

Thanks mate! Works like a charm One more thing how can I spawn these gates infront of me? Should I be using a collision model or checking for coordinates?

• Thanks mate! Works like a charm One more thing how can I spawn these gates infront of me? Should I be using a collision model or checking for coordinates?

I guess the creator in this thread places the gates manually, but if you'd like to spawn some it shouldn't be too hard - basically:

Player coordinate < limit - spawn something at limit - 300 (for example), set limit to limit - 100 (I'm doing subtraction since we are talking vertical movement). So it will just spawn new things as you get ever higher.

• Ok, Did what you said, I'm facing a different problem now...

I got to spawn things normally but then after I start destroying them behind me, to free up memory, then when I die(return to homescreen) and then go to layout the destroyed things are still destroyed, they don't refresh as if I F5d...

• s

• Art style looks so nice and clean. Good work!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)