City of Amber

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
City builder
$19.99 USD
Template for city builder, fully documented in comment and video
  • It's looking like a demo for City of Amber is finally on the horizon! Right now, as the game stands, the demo will be as long as (If not, longer than) GP: Redux Part 1!

• Got an update featuring a new monster!

He's probably friendly.

• This is great work, i'm really impressed. The art reminds me of a mix of Resident Evil, Borderlands and The Secret World. Love it.

Also that interior screenshot, looks like someone had a midlife interior design crisis lol

• Thank you! It has been a real blast to see this project come to life!

• Didn't know you could get such high resolution stuff to work just like that XD. Really interested in seeing how this goes as it's the polar opposite of my approach to graphics.

How's the loading times and memory use?

• Starting the game up for a test in C2 takes about a minute. Every time I open the project I get the notification that it has exceeded 1.1gb. Basically the more I add, the longer it tends to take. On any regular screen there's no lag in transitions, but on the screens with enemies it may take about a half second to load the layout for the first time. Most people are gonna have a much stronger computer than what I have though, so they probably won't even get that half second lag in screen transitions to enemy maps.

• I wonder if reducing the color counts could help you out a bit with memory.

Slightly destructive compression can be done with this https://pngmini.com/ , but don't know if it only helps with filesize or also with the memory footprint. Worth an experiment maybe?

• Thanks! That is something I may end up checking out. That could drastically speed up the editing process.

• Well, everyone.. I believe I've finally done it.

I may have just created the world's ugliest Muppet!

I call her "Grace," and she will be your designated stalker during your stay in City of Amber!

So... Have fun with that..

- This thing is seriously grossing me out.

• Once this get released, I don't want to hear any complaints about Construct2. What you guys have dones here blows my mind. Even without the HD graphics it still looks better than %90 of the games out now for any system. Plus the video's of the combat system on facebook with the boss battle was nuts. This should be front page on showcase!!!

• She is wow wonderful work

• Once this get released, I don't want to hear any complaints about Construct2. What you guys have dones here blows my mind. Even without the HD graphics it still looks better than %90 of the games out now for any system. Plus the video's of the combat system on facebook with the boss battle was nuts. This should be front page on showcase!!!

That's quite a statement on my work! Thank you very much! There's a lot of big plans for this game, so I hope it goes a long ways in showing the potential of the C2 team's engine.

She is wow wonderful work

Thank you for your compliments!

• ** STORY UPDATE **

So lately there has been a bit of a gap in the story of City of Amber that has been kind of blocking my progress in the development department. Finally I have found what I needed to fill that gap!

As we already know, Lilly has discovered disturbing information that has caused her to question her choices in life. This prompts her to take a leave of absence from the Military while she contemplates her future. During this leave she plans to visit her sister, Abby, who is basically Lilly's greatest emotional support, but on the way finds herself stranded in a mysterious town and swept away into a hellscape that preys on her past.

Now, these things are all well and good, but there still needed to be a stitching that could hold all of the chaos together without letting things spiral out of control and the story losing all sense of meaning. What I landed on is PTSD.

Lilly is not only going to be guilt-ridden, but she is also going to have a VERY terrible case of PTSD. This is going to be the driving force behind the transitions in horrors she experiences throughout the game. Certain things Lilly see's will cause fits of hallucinations and flashbacks that will transport her to different environments in order to progress the story.

I feel like this addition will help not only give more depth to Lilly's character, but it will also give more depth to the game's overall (Supernaturally Inflated) message. It's a story about the horrors of what war and a corrupt nation can do to even the strongest of soldiers' (Lilly's) minds, and the figurative and literal demons they must fight in order to overcome their past.

For me this has taken the story from an action-packed adventure to a bit of a sad and emotional trip into this character's psyche. But I think I prefer this approach because now I have something more real I can give the players to fight for, which is Lilly's own sanity, and eventually maintaining her bond with her sister, who will find herself trapped in the City of Amber at some point as well.

• Great I just want to know where more of the video's are located to I can see more. I found the boss battle on the facebook page by luck.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great I just want to know where more of the video's are located to I can see more. I found the boss battle on the facebook page by luck.

Right here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbSWoq ... gV6zwjExRw

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)