Catmaze - fairy metroidvania based on Slovak myths

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wingerella is a fairy girl that is going to become the most cool and powerful fairy in the world.
  • Some more screenshots to get more feedback! I really need this - when you work alone you can never be sure if everything is okay ^_^

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I loved the art of the game.

• Here goes a new portion of gifs and screenshots:

I still thinking about the UI. There are now numbers around stats yet.

I loved these fountains:

Cute NPC:

Fire doesn't hurt the player. I just showed that familiar doesn't follow Alesta while attacking.

Near these altars you can get positive effects:

Actually it was a bug. There were supposed to be two hats. But I liked how it worked with one hat.

Here goes some cave slimes:

• I updated the first post with new sceens and new trailer!

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Love the art it looks really cool

+1 For the mobile version too, I'm sure it will do great on those platforms swell

• nice pixel art, maybe you need to work on the main interface, because it need more contrast, some times the interface lost in the background

• nice pixel art, maybe you need to work on the main interface, because it need more contrast, some times the interface lost in the background

It was part of the plan ha-ha

I hate UI. Really. The best UI I ever saw was in Limbo - there was no UI. But I understand that players need some statistics on the screen and I wanted it to be lost in the background most of the time so UI doesn't divert player's attention. But if player want to see some numbers and icons - he can always divert on it.

• Here goes some new screenshots and gif-animations! Last days (weeks? months?) I used to work on dark parts of the game - gloomy woods, swamps and cold mountains. In this post game looks too gothic. Look at these guys: they are adepts of old god Chernobog.

This is Mara - spirit of sicknesses.

This double boss will kick us hard. And if you think that the girl is too naked for Slavic myths - they believed that naked girls obtain they full power.

All in all I finally decided to make the main character Alesta older. Here is her new model:

She uses help of familiars. Crow is the strongest of them. It can carry whole pig!

Another familiar is Koloversh (that creatures used to help witches). It can "call" spheres that make our character stronger for the short amount of time.

Without familiars player can only jump around ha-ha

Or take damage from unexpectedly agresive flowers.

On the screenshots I want to show more "positive" locations I've been working on:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)