CANCELLED

0 favourites
  • very nice project, the pixel art is very beautiful

• Crazy graphics! Really amazing! Good Luck!

• This is awesome! Great work guys!

Cannot wait to play the demo when it's released.

• Wrangler

love the pixel art, I want pixel art in my game, but I am worthless at art...where is a good place to start learning?

• Looks awesome. Can't wait to play it.

• I love the "Out of Business" message. Too funny!

• Katala I will be in touch with you if anything gets me stuck, thank you very much for the offer!

gillenew Thank you so much for the kind words, I really enjoy making the art and I'm glad that you like it

Rushino Thanks

Minor Thanks, if everything goes as planned we should get the demo version released soon!

robertjs3 I found this page extremely useful when I was learning how to create pixel art. Traditional drawing skills aren't a necessity depending on what you want to create, but I recommend practising as often as you can if you plan to do big sprites. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me a PM, I'll gladly help you

Agent531C Thank you! You won't have to wait much longer.

Eric Matyas

• Hello everyone!

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of craziness in both personal and professional life, but that hasn't stopped or stalled development in any way whatsoever. The demo has been steadily taking shape and has already become twice the game it was since the last update.

The biggest obstacle that has been overcome recently is how the game engine sorts characters based on their vertical position relative to one another (z indexing), and getting this bug stomped was a huge motivation boost. It makes the game look 1000% better as enemies aren't floating over each other oddly, and that wouldn't do whenever you're running around stabbing enemies in the face!

Combat. Delicious, pixelly combat. It has been a real treat adding different enemy types for you to slash, blow up, and generally kill to death. Enemy attacks vary quite a lot; the slimes will try and get as close as possible to you as they slow you down if you touch them (and they split into smaller slimes when you kill them), skeletons have a ranged attack and will also deal damage if you touch them, Dread Knights are tough, and will lumber towards you to try and deal a heavy damage attack, bats will swarm at you and deal touch damage, and so on. Several mini-boss enemy types have been implemented and will feature in the demo, one of which is a flail wielding knight (whose flail also spews bombs by the way).

Apologies for the lack of animation on the Dread Knight, he'll get them soon! As you can see from the animated gifs, when the enemies aren't tracking the player they wander around. This wandering is random, and they try their best not to fall into bottomless pits (but it does happen, hilariously) and will avoid NPCs.

The game world is rich and full of lore for players to discover should they decide to go off the beaten path and explore Mistmere fully. Make sure to read all the signs, tombstones, and incriptions scattered across the island, as there are many hidden areas to unearth and explore.

But do exercise caution when you loot these long forgotten places, as there can be consequences...

So development grinds ever onwards!

• Hello everyone!

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of craziness in both personal and professional life, but that hasn't stopped or stalled development in any way whatsoever. The demo has been steadily taking shape and has already become twice the game it was since the last update.

The biggest obstacle that has been overcome recently is how the game engine sorts characters based on their vertical position relative to one another (z indexing), and getting this bug stomped was a huge motivation boost. It makes the game look 1000% better as enemies aren't floating over each other oddly, and that wouldn't do whenever you're running around stabbing enemies in the face!

Combat. Delicious, pixelly combat. It has been a real treat adding different enemy types for you to slash, blow up, and generally kill to death. Enemy attacks vary quite a lot; the slimes will try and get as close as possible to you as they slow you down if you touch them (and they split into smaller slimes when you kill them), skeletons have a ranged attack and will also deal damage if you touch them, Dread Knights are tough, and will lumber towards you to try and deal a heavy damage attack, bats will swarm at you and deal touch damage, and so on. Several mini-boss enemy types have been implemented and will feature in the demo, one of which is a flail wielding knight (whose flail also spews bombs by the way).

Apologies for the lack of animation on the Dread Knight, he'll get them soon! As you can see from the animated gifs, when the enemies aren't tracking the player they wander around. This wandering is random, and they try their best not to fall into bottomless pits (but it does happen, hilariously) and will avoid NPCs.

The game world is rich and full of lore for players to discover should they decide to go off the beaten path and explore Mistmere fully. Make sure to read all the signs, tombstones, and incriptions scattered across the island, as there are many hidden areas to unearth and explore.

But do exercise caution when you loot these long forgotten places, as there can be consequences...

So development grinds ever onwards!

Love it! It is inspired a lots from Zelda games which is very nice! You could have a winner here. I didn't seen any zelda kind of game around .

• great fan of dungeon buster!!!!^^

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Things are looking good at the moment for releasing the demo at may 32st.

Stay tuned

• *May 31st

• Working on the starting town, Yardland:

• Wrangler beautiful game. I can't wait to see the finished product.

• Wrangler

Kickass man! The graphics are nicely made, and you also seem to have a decent handle on game design. Though, the town seems... underpopulated? Not that it even needs more people, but maybe chickens or something running around.

Regardless, keep it up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)