Buddy Bot (Action Platformer)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best for runner games, sidescroller, arcade and more!
  • Icarus ... nice work!

Check out this trick to get the browser to reload w/out needing to force user to clear cache:

Wow, that's a great tip!

I'll look into implementing this in the future. I may not jump right on it atm though since the game is first and foremost an iOS game.

Thanks for the complement!

• Decent but 'buddy bot' sounds kinda gay.

Haha! I think I may use this quote for the trailer if you're ok with that.

The game isn't in any way meant to be serious, and the entire focus is on things that annoy people, like bad hair cuts, crying babies, bad traffic, etc.

We actually purposefully came up with names that are over the top in there respective "lameness" to compliment the humor we're going for.

The full (working) title is "Buddy Bot: Slayer of Sadness" which kind of gets the point across.

I'm serious about the quote too.

• i love the loading screen! and the game is very nice too, graphics are lovely!

will you monetize it? im sure many sponsors want to license that!

• Great graphics! What software did you use to draw? Nice game! Explosions at the right moment

• Ooooh Megaman Style

• i love the loading screen! and the game is very nice too, graphics are lovely!

will you monetize it? im sure many sponsors want to license that!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I wanted to have a loading screen that had at least SOMETHING for the player to do, even if that something was a little silly.

Right now the plan is just 1.99 on the App Store, so I'll just kinda see how it goes from there!

• Great graphics! What software did you use to draw? Nice game! Explosions at the right moment

Thanks for the feedback! Those explosions may be the oldest animation in the game, but they seem to be getting the job done for the most part. I'm probably going to spice up the boss explosions a bit though...

I just use photoshop for everything!

• Ooooh Megaman Style

Hehe, yeah I was inspired by the HORRIBLE Megaman ports on the App Store. Did you see how they wrecked Megaman X?

I tried to come up with a control scheme that would work for that style game, but still be fun and challenging.

• Hey everyone, a quick update. I've almost finished with the intro and ending sequences for Buddy Bot. Here are a few screens:

The intro may or may not be a spoof on a popular NES game...

The ending basically involves the entire world blowing up, and then I did some fun things for the credits thereafter. After the credits, I put up some vignettes showing off the cast from each world you just visited and display the names for the characters.

As usual, here's the link to the demo if you don't want to go all the way back to the first page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/826 ... index.html

Make sure you clear your cache if you've already played the game once before!

If you'd like to skip the game and go straight to the ending, access the CLEAR DATA button on the main menu, then select level 40 and press RESUME. That will start the ending sequence up right away, but you'll miss a key element that you get from fighting the final boss.

If you'd like to skip to the final boss fight, just select level 30 instead and play the game like normal!

You can still cheat by adding credits in the Upgrades menu by tapping on the credits in the top left to power yourself up.

Thanks everyone!

• Great work BigKid

• Great work BigKid

Thanks Giganten!

I forgot to mention that I also included level cinematics when you beat a boss now too that help further develop the story. Not all the dialogue is in place yet, but it's getting there.

Here's what you see after you beat the boss of the 3rd world:

• Wow, great game.. it's addicting to play, especially when you can cheat coins xD

• Wow, great game.. it's addicting to play, especially when you can cheat coins xD

Thanks Wisdoms!

Ha, yeah I've been thinking of incorporating a cheat code to allow you to use the level select and "unlimited" coins when I finally release the game.

It's kind of sad a lot of iOS games don't have fun things like that anymore!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • really great

• Thanks MuchaDev

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)