Blitz Breaker - OUT NOW ON STEAM / ITCH.IO / HUMBLE STORE

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Oh hai there, you seem nice.

• Your game is looking fantastic! It's really inspirational to see such quality work on the forums.

• Hey, thanks landman! Glad you like it!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey everybody! Back after lovely days off, so back to work here. Starting to work on the end game (content wise), which includes some much longer levels, and some other goodies.

As such, made up some new heads. Here is one of my new favorites, Coffee Head:

Also made up a new trap, good ol laser beams. Placeholder art here.

There will be two variations of this, fixed position + rotating lasers, and fixed angle + moving lasers. Gives some great variance and feels like a culmination of a few of the other traps (good end game stuff right here)

Also, Blitz (and hopefully myself) will be on Robot Loves Kitty's Indie Dev Supershow later tonight (11:15 EST / 8:15 PST). You can check it out here if you want to stop by: http://www.twitch.tv/robotloveskitty

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Watched the stream great show!

Damn didn't know you were a Harmonix dev

Keep up the good work man.

Day 1 purchase/download from me

• Watched the stream great show!

Damn didn't know you were a Harmonix dev

Keep up the good work man.

Day 1 purchase/download from me

Hey , glad you liked it.

Apparently I didn't know I was a Harmonix dev either? Sorry if I gave you that impression during the stream (bad connection, maybe mucked up sound?) As much as I'd like to have been a dev for them, I'm a rookie through and through.

Hope you still like it though.

• Neat controls. Looks like a lot of fun. I will play it!

• blekdar LOL damn audio issues on my end then

• Lovely looking game. Congrats and keep it up.

• liquidmetal Smileh Aww, thanks guys!

Lasers are pretty much finished. I may change the smoke colour or add some sparks (I don't want to over complicate it), but for all intents and purposes they're finished.

World 3 is wrapping up (just gotta finish the boss now) and World 4 has been started. Will post more gifs when I have more to show of the boss. Also got the first piece of cabinet art implemented, so gotta make the menus for that. I'll show that off soon.

• Alright, so I briefly touched on this earlier on, but implementation has started. For the pc (and maybe future potential console release =O), got some arcade style cabinet art added to help fill up the screen.

Don't worry, you can turn this off if you don't like it, but I definitely feel that it fills the blank space quite nicely. The art is done by http://coffeedaydreams.tumblr.com/, and she did a wonderful job.

I'm planning on having about 4-5 options, have about 2 done so far. Looking for a couple other artists to help out, hit me up if you know anyone. Cheers!

• Looking great.

I really like how you created GIFs out of individual gameplay elements.

The game evolved a lot since the first post.

Congrats!

• Couple shots for this week. New head feature Fat Bard, the guys doing Blitz's music and sfx:

And a quick teaser of the 3rd boss, TESS. Managed to get this boss going relatively quickly, was awesome:

Things are going pretty smoothly, working on the 4th (and final) World now, and it's almost 50% done. Have a great weekend everyone!

• Got some even more wicked cabinet art done up by the wicked talented Nightmare Bruce http://nightmare-bruce.tumblr.com/

That brings the current count up to 3, I'll probably end up doing a more minimalist one to round it out and call it there.

In other news, if all goes well you can expect a new version of the demo within the next couple weeks. It will include the new cabinet art, some tweaks to the game (all minor). This should coincide with the launch of the green light campaign soon after (yaaaaaaaaay!)

Progress is going pretty well, lots of tweaking and level design, content wise it's probably roughly 75-80% done now? That sounds right.

Also have a few new heads done up, will probably show off a few in the near future. Cheers guys and have a great weekend!

• Hey guys! Long time no post, I'll show off some proper updates later but for now I thought I'd let you know that Blitz Breaker has somehow made it's way onto steam greenlight! I'll try to update a few times on it's progress (votes, comments, feedback, etc.) but as I just started I don't much info (there's been a couple crits for the fact that it's designed in portrait mode, but I'm not too worried about that)

If you want to vote you can here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =495206909

If you could vote and share, I'd super appreciate it. If not, it's all good. You guys all have a great day now. Cheers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)