I would like to share the actual state of my project: BLEAK FORTRESS.
Bleak Fortress is a retro survival stealth platformer inspired from Metroid, Metal Gear Solid and BlackThorne (an old blizzard entertainment game).
(Will be more elaborated later...)
You are Ryan, an agent from a rebel secret group division.
"All we see from here, is darkness. We have been doomed with nothing left except fear and dispair. We are in 2503, the New Order forces have taken down everything, they taken our homes, our lives. I tried to stop them but got arrested and been thrown in a cell very deep in a fortress. I don't know where i am, how to get out of there. But one thing is sure i must stop them no matter what!"
Basically, you must find your way out of the fortress. This will also include side objectives.
- Cross-platform: Win32, MacOS, Linux.
- Available in French and English.
- Gamepad and keyboard support.
- Retro art style game.
- Progressive story with an bit of humour.
- "Old-school" survival inventory management.
- Open format with possibility of creating your own scenarios and levels with Tiled.
- More than 100 levels, non-linear progression with mission objectives.
- Try many different approach to complete your objectives.
- Many objects and weapons to find in order to progress in the game.
- Hide yourself in shadow to avoid conflicts or ennemy fire.
- Hi-jack terminals in order to open new paths of exploration, obtain tactical critical data for your mission or simply to disable security device in order to progress in the game.
- Sequel to the story planned as a DLC with new content, graphics, etc.
I don't want to advance myself yet but the engine is almost finished. (Around 75% ...)
A kickstarter will fellow in May-June. Hopefully this look interesting to any of you If you have any questions or feedback they are very welcome!
Website should be up soon!
Thanks for your interest and your support!