B.LAST - Gameplay footage. Warts and all.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
11 fun gameplay beats created with vintage synth sounds
  • GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE:

There are plentiful bugs fixes ahead and much content to create, but the game is now very playable. The screen recording software that I'm using really drops the frame rate, so apologies for the choppiness. Once the demo is released, you'll get to try it for yourself.

http://youtu.be/E-lI6vsHrVc

SCREENSHOT ALBUM:

http://imgur.com/a/CsOyn

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks pretty rad!

If you don't mind a little feedback, the dark sprite on the dark background is kinda hard to see.

Other than that, looks fun!

• Looks pretty rad!

If you don't mind a little feedback, the dark sprite on the dark background is kinda hard to see.

Other than that, looks fun!

I have a mechanism in game for changing the character colors. I picked a poor choice for this video, but it's easily corrected.

• Oh, right on! even better!

• Looks really cool and it seems like a lot of work went into this. The title screen could use a little bit of work still. It's not as good as the game itself and it kind of bothered me.

• Looks really cool and it seems like a lot of work went into this. The title screen could use a little bit of work still. It's not as good as the game itself and it kind of bothered me.

Yeah, nothing showed up good against that green. That color layer is a transparent PNG with Adjust HSL effect applied. It picks a random color for the BG each load. It looks a lot better in darker colors. I'll need to do a more staged video later on, but right now I'm just full steam into making the game that I don't spend much time on showing off. Obviously, I want people to see what the game can do, so I should polish my publishing.

• I don't know if this matters to you or not, but I noticed once that the L parameter in the Adjust HSL goes from 50 to 150 instead of 0 to 100 like the others..

• I don't know if this matters to you or not, but I noticed once that the L parameter in the Adjust HSL goes from 50 to 150 instead of 0 to 100 like the others..

Might be something to play around with. I'm just adjusting the hue right now. Is that video something you did in C2? It's pretty sweet.

• JJEvil

Nah, I did that a while back in Toon Boom animation studio. Music was done in Reason. and Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)