And So the Game Has Gone (The Game)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Description : The adventures of a star called down to earth to resolve a brewing conflict. Plagued by youfos and looms it sets out to spread happiness throughout the lands. Armed with the power of the raimbro which has been developed through meditation the stars presence leaves nothing untouched. 'And So the Game Has Gone' is a vibrant and imaginative platformer set in a twisting and undulating world of color. Spread Happiness! Harass Birds! Discover hidden art galleries! Shoot raimbros! Be the 8-pointed star.

Video 1 (10 minutes of gameplay April 2014):

Another vid of updated gameplay footage from my game i've been working on for the past couple years. I'm starting to wrap things up a bit on my end. My main focuses now are tightening up the gameplay mechanics and enhancing the graphical presentation and the artwork. i'd say a few more months! i've decided to only do 4 zones (4 zones, 4 bonus zones) one for each track of my album this is based on 'fascinating earthbound objects - and so the game has gone the game'. instead, in the future i'll release new episodes of this when new 'fascinating earthbound objects' albums/ep come out (each release will always have a corresponding video game version) which will extend the gameplay a bit. perhaps in the future when i have 4 or 5 of these under my belt i'll combine them all into a larger game. who knows.

so the big difference other than a lot of graphic and gameplay tweaks in the newest vid here is the inclusion of an in game tutorial/story thing happening at the beginning. previously in the alphas i've uploaded to various places i don't think anyone understood the controls or what exactly they were supposed to be doing and i didn't do a very good job of explaining it in the game. so hopefully the tutorial addresses that and at least gives the player a little more sense of what's going on. also, i've given f.e.o. (fascinating earthbound object) the main character a bit of a backstory of how he got into this situation and introduced a new character (Swamit) who explains it. Well... enough yapping from me, enjoy the video!

Video 2 (New Combo System) May 2014:

Here's some footage demonstrating the new combo system. Each raimbro will score progressively larger for each Youfo it hits. 1st is 1, 2nd is 2, 3rd is 4, 4th is 8, 5th is 16, 6th is 32, and 7th is 64. When you make a 7 hit combo your 'Trueform' emerges and comes towards you. When it hits you it surrounds you and makes you invincible to the Youfos for a period of time. Also shown here is a bit of the final boss intervention. Quite a few changes have been made to that since the last time I showed it in video form (and I just added new music ((that doesn't loop correctly but i'll fix that )))

• Wow, this looks really unique! Is the artwork all yours? It looks like Monty Python on an acid trip

From the video it definitely looks like the gameplay and controls need some tightening, but once you've done that I think you'll have a rad game. Be sure to post something playable as soon as you can, I'd dig to get some hands-on time with this.

Are you a professional musician? I had a look through your website and YouTube channel and it appears as though you're into some visual FX as well. I'm guessing game development seemed like logical extension of your abilities.

• It's... mesmerizing and unique... Feels disturbingly addictive. And I want to turn away from it and play it at the same time.

• Wow... Very interesting artstyle! Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling

Look forward to potential demo or release!

• Wow... Very interesting artstyle! Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling

Look forward to potential demo or release!

Thanks man

It's... mesmerizing and unique... Feels disturbingly addictive. And I want to turn away from it and play it at the same time.

hehe thanks for the input!

Wow, this looks really unique! Is the artwork all yours? It looks like Monty Python on an acid trip

From the video it definitely looks like the gameplay and controls need some tightening, but once you've done that I think you'll have a rad game. Be sure to post something playable as soon as you can, I'd dig to get some hands-on time with this.

Are you a professional musician? I had a look through your website and YouTube channel and it appears as though you're into some visual FX as well. I'm guessing game development seemed like logical extension of your abilities.

many thanks! yup, the artwork is mine. and yes & no to the professional musician thing. i've been doing art and music for over 20 years now, but it's a hobbyist kinda thing (as in, it's not my profession, because it's not what i do to support myself.) not to spam, but since ya asked, here's my latest if you'd like to check some out (free download) http://www.phonocake.org/CHIQUESALUNGA

and it's funny you also mention monty python, your about the 5th person now who has said that not that i take it as a bad thing (i was a huge python fan when i was younger) but it certainly wasn't anything i intended hehe

and yes, i kinda had an aha moment when i first started playing with c2. i downloaded it on a whim just to see what it was, played around and reached the 100 event limit fairly quickly (in fact this game is the result of that initial playing around) and purchased it and haven't looked back since. i kinda feel like this is the 'meta' skill that combines all my other disparate skills together (art, music, sound design, electronics etc.) easily the most challenging and satisfying creative experience of my life (and i've had quite a few.)

and i'll most definitely post up the results when i wrap things up. for now i'm planning on desktop release (win/linux/mac) as a free download.

thanks again guys for the feedback. i appreciate it.

ps- this video is now officially outdated as i've been working pretty much non-stop on it since then. i'll post up something fresh sometime in the future!

• Updated video:

Here's some footage demonstrating the new combo system. Each raimbro will score progressively larger for each Youfo it hits. 1st is 1, 2nd is 2, 3rd is 4, 4th is 8, 5th is 16, 6th is 32, and 7th is 64. When you make a 7 hit combo your 'Trueform' emerges and comes towards you. When it hits you it surrounds you and makes you invincible to the Youfos for a period of time. Also shown here is a bit of the final boss intervention. Quite a few changes have been made to that since the last time I showed it in video form (and I just added new music ((that doesn't loop correctly but i'll fix that )))

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)