0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Retro songs ideal for platformers or farming games
  • _______________________________________________________________

Introduction

:

Hey there everybody,

After seeing many great projects being in development in this forum, i decided to introduce you to my project.

It's quite a big one, considering i'm developing it on my own, but it's something i put my whole passion into.

I'm a musician and hobby illustrator from Austria, who just recently began using Construct 2. It's about one year ago, i started to develope a game called "Alpland Saga", inspired by austrian myths and my love for old 2D-Platformer.

Let's start this with the official trailer i made. It's a mix of gameplay and the game's actual intro, cut together. I'd like to point out, i'm heavily influenced by oldschool RPG's, like Suikoden, Wild Arms and Final Fantasy, as i grew up playing them regulary. Even though RPG-elements won't be the biggest part of "Alpland Saga", cause it's focus will be on platforming , you will especially hear the influence of those games in the soundtrack. Everything you see in the trailer, is still a very early stage of development.

Official Trailer

:

Official website: http://alplandsaga.com/

"Alpland Saga" is going to be a charming, vivid, 2D-RPG-Platformer and as i like the simplicity of many old games released on NES, SNES, etc, i wanted to just create that oldschool feeling, without using too outdated graphics, or the nowadays often-used pixel-style.

The game is still in a very early development-stage but i'm working as often as i can on it and soon wanna try my luck on Kickstarter, cause sometimes i feel a bit overwhelmed with creating content, coding, arrange music and all the other stuff going on at the same time. So my plan is, if i can raise some money on Kickstarter, to get me some help, at least with the programming/coding part.

Let's take a closer look at the game a bit. It is set in a world called "Alpland", inhabited by many different races and beings. The three main characters, of which you choose one at the start of the game, live next to each other in the "Domolite Mountains" and were brought together by their different backstories.

The main characters

:

As you can see, the characters (not all of them) will have a quite rustical, typical austrian/german stereotype look. This rustical theme will be all around this game, also the names and special terms used inside the game, won't be translated into english, to keep the charme and the humour alive.

Each of them has their own special abilities, which will make the game a different experience.

For example, Peter has the ability to make himself invisible or poison his enemies. The interesting thing is, i took many of those ideas from "real" austrian myths and fairytales.

The not so friendly guys

:

Besides the good guys, of course there will be beings who are not exactly friendly at all, and probably won't be your friends. As for example the so called "Deermaster".

Did you ever heard of the "Krampus"? Probably, as it got more popular recently. Well, those demonic entities for an example, will make an appearence as enemies in this game.

Oh and........here is a cow (which will have quite a big role in the story) and a drunk dancing guy.

A cow called "Zita" and a drunk guy

:

Every NPC in the game will be unique, and have their own personality. So expect to meet many strange and interesting personalities.

Alpland

:

The "Alpland" will be a big, open world with many different and unique areas to explore. From mountain ranges to abandonend wastelands, the player will cross many kinds of sceneries, villages and mystical places.

The "Domolite Mountains", starting point of the adventure.

The "Autumn Hills", far east of the "Domolite Mountains"

This is just a short introduction to my game, to give you a basic idea about it. If you wanna know more about it, you can check out the official "Alpland Saga" website, to keep track of the development. Also i will try to update this thread by the time.

Official website: http://alplandsaga.com/

I would be happy about some feedback, as i havent showed this game to many people, just my close friends. If you wanna support this game, you soon can on Kickstarter. I will announce it here when i publish my Kickstarter page.

Thanks for reading

And keep on creating!

Cheers

-Dan

• Character Update:

Screenshot Update:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I really like the art design, it has its charm to it. The project itself looks ambitious, I'm interested about what comes out of it. You got me watching!

• acgames Nice to hear you like the style, i was wondering if my design maybe is not that good, because nobody here was giving a feedback or comment. But thanks for your feedback. It's definitely an ambitious project and i hope i can raise some money on Kickstarter soon, in order to hire people to help me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)