Action Gamemaster- The ultimate game challenge?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Shoot your way through with these 4 exciting, fun, energetic, and upbeat music tracks and 14 sound effects
  • Hello there!

Here was supposed to be a joke-like description where this game was actually made 23 years ago by Shigeru Miyamoto, but apparently people think that this is just a joke post and not an actual game.

Here's a better description.

Action Gamemaster is a game that is loosely based on Action 52- a multicartridge from 1991 for the NES made by Active Enterprises (yes, an NES game in 1991). It was an attempt by Active to make a multicart that would actually be legal to release- since all the asian multicarts used famous games, illegally. And how would they do that? By making their own games for it, of course!

All the 52 games sucked ass. The developers had several months to make a whole 52 games, what did you expect?

Anyways, THIS game is also based off a character in Action 52- Action Gamemaster. He was... umm... well, he was the guy who appeared in Cheetahmen and had absolutely no relevance to the "story" whatsoever.

And while I was really bored, I thought: "Hmm, maybe Action Gamemaster can have a game based around him. I'm gonna go do that."

The game itself plays, control-wise, like a regular old platformer, but it's also not linear, like Metroid. That means, there's upgrades to get for your character, you can use those upgrades to go to places you couldn't access before, you can be patient and explore the item rooms which give you permanent health, weapon upgrades, etcetera.

The game has little areas, but for now, I'm at that stage of development when I need to get as much feedback as I can to fix glitches, inconsistencies, notice broken design I can't notice because I didn't when I made it, or even change the entire game for the better. Then, I can focus on bringing in more upgrades, areas, bosses, enemies, cats, dogs, tea, coffee-

You can download the Windows version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kck7ltctn1ax ... master.zip

Or ask for a Mac/Linux version in the comments. I am making the game on a Mac , but the node webkit .app wrapper doesn't work at all for me. Maybe it would for you?

Use Z to attack, 1 2 3 to choose weapons.

• Why is everyone ignoring this

• Suggestions: format your body of text; use forum code to make it look more interesting to the eye, and combine sentences into paragraphs. Do not use line breaks unless needed to separate different kinds of information.

[quote:3tly0wt0]Yeah, Action Gamemaster izze good game. However, it needs more cats and it needs to be moved in the main game so it can be longer.

Right now, when I click your forum post, I see one large body of text. Many readers will simply leave the page as they don't want to have to sort through all of that text.

Also use a few screenshots. Maybe some art. Something to give your reader other than one large block of text.

• Suggestions: format your body of text; use forum code to make it look more interesting to the eye, and combine sentences into paragraphs. Do not use line breaks unless needed to separate different kinds of information.

[quote:3850vaei]Yeah, Action Gamemaster izze good game. However, it needs more cats and it needs to be moved in the main game so it can be longer.

Right now, when I click your forum post, I see one large body of text. Many readers will simply leave the page as they don't want to have to sort through all of that text.

Also use a few screenshots. Maybe some art. Something to give your reader other than one large block of text.

Ok, thank you.

• Also use a few screenshots. Maybe some art. Something to give your reader other than one large block of text.

Ok done. Thanks

• Pah bump.

• Pah Bump. Changed the description so that people don't think that this page is a joke and actually know that this is an actual game.

• Bump

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • looks good and the music is ... 9bit

But not much to play - don't know what to do at "DESTROY BUGS"

• looks good and the music is ... 9bit

But not much to play - don't know what to do at "DESTROY BUGS"

Uhm... you destroy bugs to open doors? Use Z to attack?

• You may get a better response if you exported to HTML5. Many people, including myself, just don't have the time to download a file, unzip and run it. In other words, most people - that includes me - are lazy sods ;}

• You may get a better response if you exported to HTML5. Many people, including myself, just don't have the time to download a file, unzip and run it. In other words, most people - that includes me - are lazy sods ;}

The file for Scirra Arcade is too big- 13 mb, while the limit is 10 mb, so I only have downloads. btw bump

• You can export to HTML5, upload it to google docs, make the folder available to the web and anyone can access it without a download (no file size restrictions)

• if too big, you can use upload to google docs..

make sure everybody can look out it

• Yep google docs or dropbox.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)