Project Name: ETL
Latest release 10.11.2014
Have you ever wanted to watch an RPG being made, from the ground up? Does talk about BBcode, image compression, and Functions turn you on? Are you looking for a professional, talented, and sexy person to look up to? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions then you are in the right place. Not only am I sexy but I am also very professional at being a professional and designing professional games. As I always say, "You don't need experience, if you have passion".
My goal in this RPG... I really don't like using the term RPG. Isn't every game a roll-playing game? I'd like to consider my game as a "not-so" interactive experience. What does that mean? I believe that people/players enjoy being told what to do. How many times have you logged into a new MMO just to spend the first hour customizing the bust size on your new female archer? When you finally login to the game world, how many times have you been overwhelmed with just dozens of UI windows, half finished tutorials, and game mechanics that make sense or take days to figure out what or why they are even there in the first place?
Let's take Everquest 1 for example. EQ1 is undoubtedly the most content rich and... this is turning into a blog post I think. Wanna read more? Come to my blog.
-Added twenty-three sword sprites to the game. I plan to use some of them for inventory icons. I still haven't decided on an art style yet.
- Targeting mobile devices.
- Being created by a guy named Stephen.
- Designed for performance.
- Easy to jump into, hard to master.
- The most indepth RPG ever made in Construct 2.
- Icons for changeable utility page.
- Controllable Utility window on the HUD.
- Shadowed icons for GUI armor/weapon page.
- Triggers for changing maps.
- Supply Shop map/NPC/GUI.
- Weapon/Armour Shop map/NPC/GUI.
- Error messages and NPC dialogue windows. (Text updated as needed)
- Inventory System. (Needs further testing)
- Added map names to the GUI.
- Players can now leave shops and go back to their previous layout at the correct shop entrance/exit.
- Option Icons now appear when an inventory slot is selected/touched. (Now only triggers if there is at least one item in the slot)
- Each map now has two controller variables. One variable will control how many monsters spawn, the other will control the level range. This of course makes it very easy to change at a moments notice. Events with level 99 Wolfs in town? Saaaaweet!
- Monsters now have all their instance variables loaded from an Array. Level, Exp, Health, Mana, Damage, etc etc.
- Monsters now have name plates about their heads. Can be disabled in the Options window. (I may add colour coding based on the players current level. Red for more than four levels above the player. Blue for four levels below the players and everything else in between.
- Monsters now recognize a players Y coordinate and adjust their layer depth to create a 3D effect. Basically the Player can now walk in front of the monster and behind it.
- Player Stats. (STR, DEX, Attack Speed, Armour, Evasion, etc)
- Level/XP system.
- Save slots. (3)
- Achievement System.
- Arena Battle system. (1v1, 2v2)
- Ranged Attacks and Spells.
- Buff and de-buff system.
- Add Monster AI for Path Finding, Attacks, Skill use.
- Prevent Monsters from spawning on top of solids.
- Add a respawner after Monster is killed.
- Equip-able Items.
- All audio.
- Name bubbles above players/npc.
- Questing framework.
- Update the To-Do list.
Vladoss(Inventory), GeometriX(Global UI), smitchell(Shops), Kyatric(Drop Rates), Minor(Array Loading), Magistross(Array Picking), HeartBeast(3D Recognition)