I've started this game a few months ago as a tribute to old classics such as Privateer, Freelancer and Escape Velocity. The reason for doing this is because I feel there is a distinct lack of this genre on mobiles, especially ones where the controls and UI are simple and fitting for the platform.
I've also felt it was clumsy to fly 3D spacesim games on a small screen with digital joysticks/pad. That and I also love real-time strategy games, so why not combine both genre into one? Escape Velocity did it brilliantly, so did Eve: Online.
As I am currently nearing the end of the development phase (then the polish phase too!), making random missions as well as the main storyline missions and pop-up big-head character dialogs, I would like to present an overview of the game in one post.
You are a once-wealthy trader, out of luck and in debt due to a calculated risk (and nasty pirates!) that went wrong... Your debtors offered a great deal to wipe clean your debts, but they require you to fly a capable ship before proceeding with the mission. You start out in an obsolete tin-can trade ship, the Nomad. From here on in, it's all up to you:
* Simple, minimalist UI, touch on space to fly to location, touch on modules to activate.
* Start trading in the "safe" quadrant of the Wildlands sector.
* Take on random missions, select from: Patrols (scout nav points), Bounty (destroy target/s), Defend (vs waves of enemies), Escort (wishing those haulers moved faster!) and Cargo Runs (cashed up pilgrims, witness protection, data crystals, illicit stuff!).
* Select a variety of ships to suite your needs. Hit and run? Fly the light-fighter Stiletto. A trader at heart? The Galaxy-class corvette has a big cargo bay. Work your way up and fly the devastating Hyperion C-Beam Frigate or fearsome Nadesico Drone Frigate.
* All ships are upgrade-able with modules.
* You control your guided missiles: Slip between targets to hit a weakened one or bunch enemies together for a powerful AoE Torpedo.
* Dynamic trade prices, station type and location specific prices. Trade in exotic dancers, contraband, flesh dolls or even beer!
* Be the bad guy, yarr your way to fame and fortune by plundering trade ships. Burn those militia fools!
* Pick your faction in the main storyline and reach a different ending.
* Planned inclusion of online PvP, free-for-all or team vs team (I am a solo dev on this game so this may come along in a later update!)
Coming soon to Android (first) with a target date of June 2014 and then immediate followed by graphically enhanced version for Chrome Webstore, PC/MAC (exe) and iOS (later, I need to purchase some Apple gear first!!). Thanks for reading, and feedback is welcomed!