Yes How do a "Variable Jumpstrenght" (for advanced user)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • Guys !

seriously, thanks in advance for your help and your time on this case !

my need is simple,

1 - When i touch or left click, i want the player jump with a maximum jumpstrenght value "done, easy"

2 - Now the question is , i want on "any touch end" to stop the jump and keep a natural Vector Y curved line.

i don't want to set the vector Y to 0 as it's look not natural.

Any one Constructor have an idea ?

onedrive.live.com/redir

• you could try

on any touch end setting player platform vector Y to player.Platform.VectorY/2 ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I didn't get the latest beta release yet, so I couldn't open the attached example.

You can achieve a variable jump strength by adding a variable that stands for the minimal strength (vector Y). That would be a negative value. Your max jump strength would be defined through the property of the platform behavior (I'm assuming you are using the platform behavior here).

Now compare the current vector Y to be smaller than that variable while the jump control is NOT active (key is NOT down or whatever). In that case, set the vector Y to the variable.

• RamPackWobble, first at all thanks for your time, it's funny but sometime simple thing are always the best, so even if it's not 100% accurate with what i have in mind when i said a natural Vector Y curved line, at least , if i'm not in position to do what i wish , i will use this technic, so one more time thanks for your time and you're help ! Today i will post some others question maybe you will be able to help me too

see you !

• PixelRebirth, thanks for the time too you've took to trying to help me ! i'm currently trying also what you've mentioned ! and i would say at least you remind me that yes we can compare the Vector Y ! also yes i'm using the Platform Behavior, i will keep you updated soon , but thanks again too !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)