WInd turbine trouble

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Weather Wind Sounds - Wind contains 10 tracks (1 tracks and 9 seamless loops)
  • Started working with Construction 2 a weak ago, and what a cool program!

I?m using it to build a specific game and can?t get one thing working. It?s a game where you can shoot wind turbines (long story;)), so I made three images: one for the tower, on for the blades and one for the entire thing crashing. Now I want the blades to spin and when the player shoots the turbine (doesn?t matter if he hits the tower or blades), the entire thing comes crashing down.

I?ve tried two approaches:

1) Making different sprites: one for the tower, one for the blades. But the problem when either one of them is ?shot? (overlapping on mouse click), I can?t figure out how to remove the other. They are different instances of different objects/sprites.

2)Making an animation of the entire thing (tower and blades), when it?s shot change to a crashing animation. The problem here is images used for the different frames are a slightly different. There are three blades which are positioned differently in every frame. But because they are positioned differently, the images size differences: when a blade is on at the top the images becomes higher and smaller, etc. This makes the tower ?bounce? in the animation. I tried this with a sprite strip too, but no success.

Does anybody have an idea or suggestions how to get this working? Thank you very much!

• Not sure what you mean by remove the other...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not sure what you mean by remove the other...

I'm not that advanced in game making, I just set the things I want to remove to invisible. But if blades are 'hit', I can't find a way to select the right tower to make it go invisible.

• Check the origin positions of your frames.

• Thank you!!

• You may be able to check if the "other" is overlapping the one that got hit after the hit is detected too.

Or put an instance variable on both, and when you create the tower, give them both the same ID number. Then when one is hit, take care of it, and look for the matching ID to get it too.

Or use the single animation, and make sure the origin image points are in the same spot on each. When you made one taller, the origin point moved up a little. Either move it to the same pixel spot, or set them all to the bottom of the sprite.

• You may be able to check if the "other" is overlapping the one that got hit after the hit is detected too.

Or put an instance variable on both, and when you create the tower, give them both the same ID number. Then when one is hit, take care of it, and look for the matching ID to get it too.

Or use the single animation, and make sure the origin image points are in the same spot on each. When you made one taller, the origin point moved up a little. Either move it to the same pixel spot, or set them all to the bottom of the sprite.

Nice solutions, thank you! I got it working with Lennaert's hint, but these are very usefull! Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)