When using 'Restart Layout' game Freezes

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • I'm building a basic 2D platformer based off of the Construct 2 Platformer Template using the same action to 'Restart Layout' when the player drops below the Y axis found in the Platformer Template file. However, after working seamlessly for the entirety of the games creation it now no longer works at all. Instead my game freezes but the camera is still able to move once the player falls down. Unfortunately I do not have access to the machine with the file right now, so I'm unable to upload the .capx for further testing.

My 'Restart Layout' is identical to that of the Platformer Template as the layout is just a modified version of the Template itself, if I open a new Platformer Template project the 'Restart Layout' is completely functional, it is just within my layout that it no longer works.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'll try to get the .capx project uploaded here as soon as possible, but I will not have access to the file for the next 24 hours.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • felixtemple

I'm building a basic 2D platformer based off of the Construct 2 Platformer Template using the same action to 'Restart Layout' when the player drops below the Y axis found in the Platformer Template file. However, after working seamlessly for the entirety of the games creation it now no longer works at all. Instead my game freezes but the camera is still able to move once the player falls down. Unfortunately I do not have access to the machine with the file right now, so I'm unable to upload the .capx for further testing.

My 'Restart Layout' is identical to that of the Platformer Template as the layout is just a modified version of the Template itself, if I open a new Platformer Template project the 'Restart Layout' is completely functional, it is just within my layout that it no longer works.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'll try to get the .capx project uploaded here as soon as possible, but I will not have access to the file for the next 24 hours.

Please do not multipost the same question in different sections. I have deleted the duplicates.

Please realize that those who help come from many different time zones so have patience when waiting for a response.

It is then acceptable after 24 hours to 'bump' your own post if no response has been forthcoming.

Please note: It will considerably help if you post your .capx so users can see the problem from themselves, which usually means a much quicker resolution to your problem.

• If it used to work fine and suddenly broke then there are only to solutions for that: 1. bug in C2 or most likely 2. your events.

I'm writing most likely because you wrote "Instead my game freezes but the camera is still able to move once the player falls down." which clearly indicates mistake on your part. Unfortunately your description is not enough to get more help on that matter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)