When making sprites

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Look i know this is a really dumb question but i need to ask...when working with these pixel art programs how do i get that white background out of the pic so it doesnt show up in the game. I have tried so many times to does this but can't figure it out. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

• You havent told us which program your using :)

In photoshop you can literally erase the background. (keep in mind that some file formats dont allow transparency - so make sure your using one that does (PNG)).

• oh yeah sorry.......gimp and paint.net are the ones im trying to use. There is just so many items on them and i just can't seem to find the right place to make the background transparent. But i am pretty sure they both save png. Thanks GenkiGenga for your reply :)

• Haha i know what you mean.

I had a quick search on gimp and found this, i hope it helps.

1.Get GIMP.

2.Open up that image.

3.Add an Alpha Channel by clicking Layer -> Transparency -> Add Alpha channel.

4.Launch the Fuzzy Select Tool by pressing the m key.

5.Click on the background.

6.Press the Delete key.

7.Save it as a .png file, as that supports transparency.

8.Profit?

• Another way of doing it is right clicking on the layer in the layer panel and clicking on Add Alpha.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah ha! Thank you so much it works........i know it seems kinda silly but ive been trying to figure this out for a while. I just felt like it was to dumb to ask. lol! Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)