What options are there towards saving gamedata?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • Included capx if you want to mess with it

I implemented savedata in my Zelda SDK using the native save/load, with naming slots, separate saves, etc. An issue, as a cavet of the native save/load: It creates a snapshot of "slotx" so using a variable to ensure a save slot exists before-hand is moot.

My research indicates my best option is using dictionary+webstorage and storing 3 dictionary keys each for data. Is this the right away to go about it? I have researched webstorage and dictionary a little but I only have a small hunch of how to. My hunch is better with saving said keys but not on how to actually reload them.

Like:

"slot1rupees"

"slot2rupees"

"slot3rupees"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check the How do I FAQ :

[quote:1tyxpg9x]Local Storage

• How do I do High Scores with Local Storage - LINK
    • Another example how to do high scores with Local Storage - LINK

Those are examples of how to use the local storage, and it will show how to use it to save and load values.

The value you save will likely be the .asJson content of your dictionary object.

So when you load from the local storage (get or checking if item exists and it does) you can then Dictionary.Load LocalStorage.ItemValue

• Check the How do I FAQ :

[quote:vb9fwbkk]

Local Storage

• How do I do High Scores with Local Storage - LINK
    • Another example how to do high scores with Local Storage - LINK

Those are examples of how to use the local storage, and it will show how to use it to save and load values.

The value you save will likely be the .asJson content of your dictionary object.

So when you load from the local storage (get or checking if item exists and it does) you can then Dictionary.Load LocalStorage.ItemValue

Thank you, you are fantastic!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)