What are the best tutorials for a platform game

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • I am new to learning Construct 2. I have owned the software for a few years now and have finally decided to start working on a game of my own.

With that said, I have been looking through the tutorials for construct 2 and I am not finding any order to the tutorials, there are a bunch, but I have not been able to find a group of tutorials that would take someone from the start to finish of a platform game.

I did walk through 3 tutorials so far and they were helpful. but I am not finding ones that show how to add multiple worlds with multiple levels in each world (i.e. Lep's World 2, Angry Birds, etc..)

Specifically, I am looking for tutorials that would walk me through the basics of creating a game from start to finish, I was able to find tutorials on starting a platform game, but none that show how to tie all the different parts together.

Did anyone use the tutorials on this site to create a game from start to finish, if so could you recommend the tutorials to take and the order to take them? I am looking to create a side scrolling platform game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To be honest, I'd say the best thing to do is to get the basics of a platform game and then build up from that; any help you might need you're more than likely to get from the community. So having a sprite (the player character) with 8-Direction Movement, Bound to Layout and Scroll-To behaviours on it, a layout with different platforms at different levels (up and down, for the player to jump to), and enemies that will move from left to right on said platforms. You'd then need a way to finish the level, a finish gate. You could even have coins that the player has to collect before they can finish. Just some ideas.

If you need any help with anything, your are more than welcome to personally message me and I will do my best to assist you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)