Way to see if there ISN'T an Object at Specific X/Y Position

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I feel like this should be easy, but I'm drawing a blank. I want to know if there isn't a TileObject at the specific X/Y Position?

• so you want to know if an object is not at a certain position

say not at position X 266 and Y 345

if so its easy simply enter the condition to check an object for position X 266 and Y 345 and then right click and hit the

Invert button its a button with a cross mark on it

I don't think a file would be necessarily for this but let me know hope this helps

• [attachment=0:2rv7eyfy][/attachment:2rv7eyfy]

So this should work? If I have multiple "Tile" objects in my layout, and there ISN'T one in this specific spot, then one should get created?

• How about have a dummy invisible object that you move to that location and see if there's an overlap? The above code won't work properly (although the idea is valid) because X and Y will rarely be an exact integer number, plus what if there are other object types that you want to check for?

• well that one should work but you said that there are multiple objects of the same so to fix that use an instance variable or use a dummy object like the guy above me said if you don't mind adding to many objects

• How about have a dummy invisible object that you move to that location and see if there's an overlap? The above code won't work properly (although the idea is valid) because X and Y will rarely be an exact integer number, plus what if there are other object types that you want to check for?

System: pick overlapping point might do it too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > How about have a dummy invisible object that you move to that location and see if there's an overlap? The above code won't work properly (although the idea is valid) because X and Y will rarely be an exact integer number, plus what if there are other object types that you want to check for?

>

System: pick overlapping point might do it too.

Never used it Now I know

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)