"Wait" command resets when entering another layout

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
In this game you will command the character by voice command.
  • Sorry for the long title.

Basically, what I'm looking for, is when you wait a few seconds at a layout, something happens. But I also have a button that changes to a different layout, and there's a button there that changes to the previous layout. The problem about this, is when you switch to the layout with the wait command, it resets, so the player can just delay the wait command by rapidly clicking the button. I have tried alot of things to fix this but I couldn't get it fixed. Thought I'd come here to get some help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
    • Make a global variable like "WaitDelay".
    • Make new global parent action (that all layouts use) If WaitDelay > 0 // Every 1 Seconds // Subtract 1 from WaitDelay
    • Make your event trigger if WaitDelay = 0 & other conditions met..
    • When you want to trigger your Wait, just set WaitDelay to 5 or however many seconds you want to wait..

I think... im just running this through my head / how i would do it.

What do i know... Maybe that helps. If not, sorry

• if what posted isnt what you need you should post a sample Capx with only the event you need help with or some screenshots so that we can offer you the best advice for the events you have

• - Make a global variable like "WaitDelay".

- Make new global parent action (that all layouts use) If WaitDelay > 0 // Every 1 Seconds // Subtract 1 from WaitDelay

- Make your event trigger if WaitDelay = 0 & other conditions met..

- When you want to trigger your Wait, just set WaitDelay to 5 or however many seconds you want to wait..

I think... im just running this through my head / how i would do it.

What do i know... Maybe that helps. If not, sorry

Hey! You're that Cosmochoria developer! I talked to you on Kickstarter about creating my first game Nice to meet you again.

Now, I don't really understand what you're talking about but from reading this over like 10 times I can tell that I probably should explain my question a little bit more. I've made a full Capx that explains everything in-depth

I'm actually VERY new to these forums (As you can tell) so I have no idea how to put in an attachment, but I do have a dropbox link with a download. Again, sorry for not knowing how to put in an attachment.

https : // dropbox.com /s/ 10a023wmftrm1qf/My%20Problem.capx?dl=0

(Remove the spaces)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)