Video not working with nw.js

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • So I'm making a game containing a lot of pre-rendered video. This all works fine when running layouts, but when exporting to nw.js, nothing works. Could this be because I only have an H.264 source? WebM always exports to horrible quality for me so I was hoping to avoid it.

Thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • NW.js Documentation

[quote:1tnt2hz6]Using MP3 and H.264 codecs requires you to pay attention to the patent royalties and the license of the source code. Consult a lawyer if you do not understand the licensing constraints and using patented media formats in your application..

Due to the license issue, the prebuilt binaries of NW.js doesn’t support proprietary codecs, like H.264. ..

So you can’t play MP3/MP4 with <audio> and <video> tags with prebuilt NW.js. ...

• NW.js Documentation

[quote:3gwk9rj2]Using MP3 and H.264 codecs requires you to pay attention to the patent royalties and the license of the source code. Consult a lawyer if you do not understand the licensing constraints and using patented media formats in your application..

Due to the license issue, the prebuilt binaries of NW.js doesn’t support proprietary codecs, like H.264. ..

So you can’t play MP3/MP4 with <audio> and <video> tags with prebuilt NW.js. ...

Thank you. Will WebM or OGG work?

• WebM will do the trick.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)