I have put in a variable jump in my game using a Variable set to the character called JumpBoost. When the button is held down the character will carry on jumping until this variable gets to a certain number using the platforms vector command. This works perfectly on the PC and on powerful mobile devices such as the iPhone 4s and Galaxy Android phones.
However, when testing this method on an iPhone 4 and, even worse, the 3gs, the character jumps less high suggesting this is CPU bound. So I have set the increase of the JumpBoost Variable to "-300 * dt" rather than just "-5" expecting this to solve the problem. But it does not.
It's obviously a problem as the 3gs and iPhone 4 version can't make the same jumps as the 4s/5. Can someone help out on this issue.