Using particles on mobile is unreal?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • Hello everyone! I'm trying to create the mobile game for IOS and a sufficient part of gameplay is on the picture.

On Iphone 4 I have 17 fps on this scene, on Iphone 5 it is always between 55-60 fps (i am using cocoonjs)

I'm not a programmer, so I don't understand most of things you know and I have some questions.

The first is about Ejecta. Right now I don't have possibilities to test it so if for example I have 17 fps can it be ~30-40 on ejecta or not?

The second is about particles(fire). Fire is a very sufficient part in my game, so it is very painful to reject it. Is there another, more optimised way to implement it in a mobile game?

And the last is from general knowledge. Is it a normal situation that I have now 20 mb memory use (I am using 4 tiled backgounds, ~ 10 sprites, 151 event?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Particles are already more efficient than sprites. The best way to make it even faster is use as few particles as possible. Using an image with say 3 particles drawn on it can help you reduce the particle count while keeping a similar appearance.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)