Update the version of a game in accordance to the software

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hi,

I've got a friend (he shows me that program) who never updates his construct2 program. He sais that he has been working in a very large game on r206 version and he's afraid of incompatibility of the game with the newest software.

I want to help him on his project so I want to know if it's that true and I have to download that r206 version or I can use my newer.

Also, I'm worried because if I started one work in this version and newer versions will be better (faster, best behaviours...) I won't be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for your answers.

A newbie

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

I've got a friend (he shows me that program) who never updates his construct2 program. He sais that he has been working in a very large game on r206 version and he's afraid of incompatibility of the game with the newest software.

I want to help him on his project so I want to know if it's that true and I have to download that r206 version or I can use my newer.

Also, I'm worried because if I started one work in this version and newer versions will be better (faster, best behaviours...) I won't be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for your answers.

A newbie

You should always try to keep up with releases, especially the 'stable' ones. If it is a fully licensed version, then he should keep up to date, or he may encounter even more problems when he tries to export it.

If he doesn't update, then you cannot use a newer version to help, unless you know how to edit the output to make it compatible, which is only an option if you don't use any of the 'newer' version's features.

There is only one reason I can think of for someone to continue using such an older version.

• Sorry for the wait, I've been on holidays...

Ok, so he can update... I will be fine to say him it, and of course I will start my project, I were also worried about it.

Thank you very much.

-->Mods can close the question...

• Sorry for the wait, I've been on holidays...

Ok, so he can update... I will be fine to say him it, and of course I will start my project, I were also worried about it.

Thank you very much.

-->Mods can close the question...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)