0 Favourites

Two short questions.

• Hey all,

Like many Construct 2 noobs, I am just overflowing with questions! Great to see such a helpful forum-crowd though! Hope you can help me out on these two short questions! Thanks in advanced.

1)"Create new object VS spawn another object"

I can't fully grasp the difference between creating (system>create new object) and spawning (object>spawn another object). I'm sure the logic is stupidly simple, but so am I. Any comprehensive ways of breaking it down?

2)I'll ask this by means of an example.

Say a fellow felt the desire to create a nice, arcing shot-gun blast in construct 2? What best way to go about making the bullets? Create each individual bullet? Use particles?

• 1. Spawning another object allows you to spawn the object based on the primary objects origin or image points you create. For example, if you have a gun spawning a bullet, you would create an image point at the end of the barrel of the gun and have gun spawn bullet at that image point.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • About 1), there's no real difference, only convenience. The create object allows you to specify exactly where you want it to spawn.

• Great, thanks! Makes perfect sense.

So how about that shotgun blast? Any ideas?

• You wouldn't be able to tell when a particle hit a target, is that important?

I would use bullets, and have them rotate toward angle 90 an increasing amount each tick.

edit: my game Orbital bomb-Bounder is doing a simple gravity like that, the speed of the ball is set by the distance from the center, and it rotates toward the center each tick.

• Here's how I would do it.

Repeat 10 Times:

Gun: Spawn bullet

Bullet: Rotate random(-15,15) degrees clockwise

Bullet: Move forward random(0,15) pixels.

Obviously you'd play with those values to get a shotgun with the spread, number of bullets, etc you'd want. I added the last action so that the bullets look a little more random while they are flying.

• Here's how I would do it.

Repeat 10 Times:

Gun: Spawn bullet

Bullet: Rotate random(-15,15) degrees clockwise

Bullet: Move forward random(0,15) pixels.

Obviously you'd play with those values to get a shotgun with the spread, number of bullets, etc you'd want. I added the last action so that the bullets look a little more random while they are flying.

This Really helped thanks alot!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)