Tutorial help

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi all, I'm new to this forum and to Construct 2 and I have a bit of a query. I don't know how to attach my file as yet, so I'll jsut explain my issue for now.

I was doing the top down shooter tutorial, everything was going fine, then after I added "Global number Score = 0" the player started appearing in the bottom right just out of the screen, but could still be moved around as normal, but the bullets started shooting from a roughly central position on the screen and would only align with the player when it was in the rough area of them. Whats the go with that?

• Hi, welcome to the community. It sounds like you did something else unintentionally, global variables shouldn't affect anything like that. I can't tell you what's wrong, but if you register for a free dropbox account you can upload your .capx there and post the link in this thread.

Also, make sure you've selected "Save as single file" when saving your project. If you're stuck on dropbox sharing, feel free to ask.

• Already a dropbox user so here we go :) Please let me know if u notice anything!

dl.dropbox.com/u/14998406/tutorial1-1.capx

• You have everything on the 'hud' layer.

Just unlock 'layer 0' and put all the baddies, player etc on there and it should be ok then.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the help there, dunno how I didn't see that!

• Added new layer, renamed old layer Game, New layer HUD, pasted text onto that layer, changed parallax settings for both layers and ding, all fixed. Thanks for the help guys :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)