Trying to link Button from One Layout to Start Another

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
J-BoB Game Button Sound Pack comes with 300 high-quality sound effects
  • Okay hi first time posting here,

so here is my problem, I just created a platform game and now want to create a start menu that'll have instructions on the page and a button that once clicked will bring you to the actual game (other layout) so when i place the button on the start menu (layout) then go to event sheets

Add event > Button > On Click >>> Add Action > System > Go to layout

When i get to the drop down selection only the layout that the button is placed on is available to be chosen, I am not able to select the "game" layout?

Is there some other way to get the button to go to another layout or am i doing the event sheet wrong?

Thank you in advance

• This looks like a bug. The drop down list should show all your layouts.

If you add a new (just empty) layout, are you able to select it in the Go To Layout action?

Also, try renaming your "game" layout.

• Also, you could use the action Go to Layout (by name) and just type the name in, since this has a box not a dropdown...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This looks like a bug. The drop down list should show all your layouts.

If you add a new (just empty) layout, are you able to select it in the Go To Layout action?

Also, try renaming your "game" layout.

I have tried to rename the layout and still wont show up. I even created a new project with two blank layouts one with a button and one without that im going to try to get to. And the option for the other layout wont pop up, only the layout that the button is placed on.

• Also, you could use the action Go to Layout (by name) and just type the name in, since this has a box not a dropdown...

When i type the name exactly still does not work, even tried changing the name and trying again.

• I have also now tried the

Button > on click >> system > go to next layout

(when i open the menu and click the button nothing works) also tried creating a new project with just two simple layouts the first being with the button and the second a picture and having the button "go to next layout" like the instruction above this and it does not work either.

• Care to share the capx? Because this doesn't make any sense...

• Are you using full version of Construct 2?

Maybe there is some limitation in free version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)