Tried to debug and increase fps but have failed all day . .

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Action packed 2 track pack for use in your projects
  • > .. if it doesn't then its something else u might missing cant really say if i dont see ur capx

>

I don't mind sharing capx but don't have enough rep to post link or send PM so not sure how...

Export as a single file .capx and host it on one of the free hosting sites provided by the likes of Google, Microsoft, Dropbox etc.

Place the 'publicly accessible' link here. To bypass posting restrictions, just add an unusual character in the URL, i.e..

htt*p://*www.mysite.com/mygame.capx
    [/code:2yvn6lxd]
  • >

> > .. if it doesn't then its something else u might missing cant really say if i dont see ur capx

> >

>

> I don't mind sharing capx but don't have enough rep to post link or send PM so not sure how...

>

Export as a single file .capx and host it on one of the free hosting sites provided by the likes of Google, Microsoft, Dropbox etc.

Place the 'publicly accessible' link here. To bypass posting restrictions, just add an unusual character in the URL, i.e..

> htt*p://*www.mysite.com/mygame.capx
    [/code:3tny5ujt]

Didn't want to get in trouble for bypassing their posting restrictions . . . but since I can blame it on someone else now here's the capx:

***https://www****.dropbox.***com/s/ukmxt5t93pj9j8o/Dempsey2SingleFile.capx?dl=0***

Maybe this is as good as it gets for projects containing physics elements - but if so then I will stay away with any physics behaviors when targeting mobiles.

- if you want to take a look and let me know if you still think images are the problem or you see something else.

Anyone else that wants to take a look feel free.

Like I said before, my goal is to learn from this - so even if you see a problem that is only small please let me know so I don't repeat it on a larger scale in larger projects.

Thanks all!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ..........- if you want to take a look and let me know if you still think images are the problem or you see something else.

i did take a look inside... and i was pretty amazed by the fact the event sheet is pretty clean all events trigger once when is needed however .... i have tested it on a duo core older rig i have... and fps showed me 47-57 most of time didn't drop under 50 and cpu utilization was somewhere under 0.05%... but then when i started the debug mode...i barely hit 30 fps ... even if it wasn't necessary had no reason for it ... and cpu utilization blown to 50-70% ... thats something i never seen before doing in debug mode ... for sure is not ur event sheet but i guess something is up with the debug viewer...

u can lower the approx . download weight of the game by loading the sounds from a ftp server or preloading it (for preloading sounds all music or sounds have to be uploaded in the sounds folder) i prefer having smaller music loops to prevent audio breakage on intelxdk building or other mobile wrappers.

kinda thats it.. u had it all good from beginning the memory use being at 6.6mb its something i cant really say how u can lower it ... but again from my point of view for small games which c2 is meant to be used for... u had the optimization if i may say ... pretty darn right

keep it going for sure ul encounter other problems. but as for a optimization test u did good. just keep in mind when u build ur games ... the key for success is always optimization that 1% that u have to push defines the unexpected results ... have a great day hope it helped u ..

• i did take a look inside... ... have a great day hope it helped u ..

Thank you so much for taking a look at it and all the comments. I really do appreciate it. That's weird such a difference in debug mode - maybe difficult to track and report all the physics and physic joints.

Now I guess I can move on without feeling like I was missing something huge and gave up.

There are two image files that are HUGE after export even though I tried to resize. I may try resizing in GIMP and reloading completely because one is getting pixelated already but file size isn't small - feels glitchy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)