Thumbstick-template (with capx)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Thanks AllanR

Glad to hear the Iphone works now too. Now I can try to implement some of the suggestions and create the commented capx's for the community.

• The analog itself works really well, but the movement it sends seems pretty limited (the sprite can only go to 8 directions instead of the whole analog range).

I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that, but you could check the distance of the analog to see how far it is, then translate to the character speed by using distance(spritebase.x,spritebase.y,spriteanalog.x,spriteanalog.y).

And about the direction, you can use angle(spritebase.x,spritebase.y,spriteanalog.x,spriteanalog.y) to have the character sprite also point wherever the analog is at.

• andreyin,

Have you only checked the 8 direction behaviour? By clicking on the name you get bullet behaviour, car behaviour and platform behaviour examples.

• LittleStain

Oh, sorry, my mistake! I checked it now, that's really cool! I'd just change the speed the car turns in the car behavior, but every other one is fine :)

• andreyin,

Thanks! The intention was to make a analog stick for all built in behaviours, with as many options build in to make it easily adjustable for individual needs.

End-product will probably be this example capx and seperate capx's for every behaviour with a number of options to adapt. All commented ofcourse.

This will take some work still, but the response so far helps me a lot to get the energy to go on..

• Wow, I really like the bullet behavior. The movement is smooth. Knowing how knowledgeable you are in C2, I'm really looking forward to seeing your example and how you approach to this.

• LittleStain

How are the joystick controls coming along?

• Boony

Haven't had much time to work on this the last week, unfortunately.

I guess I could just upload the capx of the preview I have right now, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't confuse more than help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm just interested in the bullet behavior joystick. I've been messing around with similar controls for weeks, and they're still not as smooth as your controls. I'm curious how you put it together.

Just an idea, but I'm wondering if it's possible to detect the change of direction and then reset the joystick to the center, then allow the player to continue to move in the changed direction? Maybe a better way of explaining it would be to say it's simulating the finger being lifted and then moving in a different direction, but without actually doing so.

• I'm not sure what you mean exactly by simulating being lifted and moving..

When should the actual finger start being ignored?

When would the new direction be entered?

BTW: you've got mail.

• LittleStain This is awesome and would work very well with what im trying to do on mobile.Could you explain how you done this?

Or even better share a file with us?This has to be the smoothest ive seen yet.Thanks for sharing!!

• Thanks RookieDev

I will be posting the capx's soon, but I really want to make them commented before I do that. Problem is, I've been very busy, so I haven't been able to yet. Will try to get to it inbetween the things that have to be done, sorry for the delay.

• Awesome! I really loo forward to checking out your style in which you used to create this effect.Thank you for sharing your knowledge bro.

• I'm not sure what you mean exactly by simulating being lifted and moving..

When should the actual finger start being ignored?

When would the new direction be entered?

BTW: you've got mail.

I was just thinking you could change direction faster if the Joystick centers itself automatically once it detects you are moving in the opposite direction than to have to move the stick manually through to the center then in the opposite direction.

So instead of moving something like:

X-10 X-9 X-8 X-7 X-6 X-5 X-4 X-3 X-2 X-1 X0 X1 X2 X3 X4 X5 X6 X7 X8 X9 X10

You move something like this:

X-10 X0 X1 X2 X3 X4 X5 X6 X7 X8 X9 X10

It's like if you lift your thumb off the analog stick, it centers itself, and you then move it from the center to the direction you want. As it is now, when you change direction, the player continues in the same direction until it slows down to a stop, then moves from slow to faster in the opposite direction.

When playing games that require quick reflexes, I felt that trick helped a little. Although now that I think about it, it might not matter all that much. :/

Thanks for the message. You've got mail as well.

• Updated the first post to include the link to the capx.

Won't have time to improve upon and or split it up for the different behaviours, I hope some people will appreciate the effort.

Edit (adding the names of people who showed interest):

pixel perfick

AllanR

Boony

jayderyu

andreyin

RookieDev

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)