tamagotchi

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I was thinking whether it is even possible to create an android game like tamagotchi (like the game Pou) What do you think? or is there some kind of tutorial in its section concerning that type of games?

• I never saw any tutorial on the subject, but there were some threads discussing this already if you do a little search. It's not that hard in fact, the harder maybe being the AI itself of the little guy : how will he react if he wants to eat and to sleep at the same time for example. There is a lot of decisions to be made to have a good game concept here. I recomand that you try to put the more you can on paper first, just to have clear ideas.

• I've thought about this many times, and have a great idea I've been wanting to implement for a while. I'd say the hardest part would be getting the game to run in the background, as there's no native way to do this in Construct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • GeometriX

I think a much simpler method would be to simulate running in the background. If you save and load system time values when you open and close the game respectively, you can compare them and quickly compute all the actions that would have transpired over that time period without the user's knowledge. Then pick up the game from there. Hope this helps and good luck with your game

• GeometriX

I think a much simpler method would be to simulate running in the background. If you save and load system time values when you open and close the game respectively, you can compare them and quickly compute all the actions that would have transpired over that time period without the user's knowledge. Then pick up the game from there. Hope this helps and good luck with your game

Interesting, but if the player tampered with the time and date wouldnt that allow him to cheat his way through the game?

Even if this thread is almost 3 years old..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)