I'm working on a grid based puzzle game where the player moves blocks around. Previously I was moving the actual block but there were some problems with that so I decided to change it. Right now I create a dummy object that checks if its over top of another block so the player can't overlap 2 blocks. I made a test object and it worked perfectly, but when I copied it for one of the actual blocks, it stops working! Here's a capx, if anyone could figure it out it would be greatly appreciated. (The problem lies in the duplicator_e event sheet at event 3 which doesn't seem to be meeting the requirements.)
Hi EncryptedCow, didn't understand your problem in full, maybe you can elaborate. however when you disable the 3rd condition in event 3 in the duplicator_e event sheet (spr_duplicator pick by unique ID) you can move the duplicator block to another position. don't know if that helps.
Crain that works, but when I have multiples of the duplicator, it moves them all. If you try to move it as is, nothing happens. I need the Pick by UID to choose the right duplicator, but for some reason that's breaking it.
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
See if you like this better:
Crain Thanks a whole bunch! Not sure why I didn't think of trying that before. Oh well, it works now and I'm happy :) I can finally finish this.