Stop Dragging Platformer Beyond Draggable Ground

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • This is kind of strange but I have a platform character standing on ground. You can drag the ground but it has end points so it won't let you drag across the entire screen. The only problem is that the platformer doesn't stop dragging once you reach the end points. It doesn't make a difference whether the ground is a solid or jump-through. I'm thinking it must have to do with how I'm creating the end points but I can't figure out any other way to do it. Thanks for the help.

Capx File

• I think you need more of a description and maybe explain what it is you want someone to do for you... the more info you give, the more we can help...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The reason why your platformer is still moving is because you are actually still dragging the ground sprite, you are just resetting it just after.

If you do the drag and drop yourself you can limit the ground sprite.

I have made a small example, dont know if that is what you were looking for?

• Yes, that's perfect thank you! For some reason I didn't consider rewriting the drag method.

BluePhaze - Sorry I thought I was being clear. I was looking for a way to stop the character from being dragged by the ground below it when the ground had reached the boundary.

• Cool thanks! Hopefully this is resolved for you! Wasn't trying to be rude, it's just without a good description with steps to reproduce it can be hard to hunt down some things.

• No, I totally understand. Sometimes I just have no idea how to word such a specific problem. This totally helped though, thanks guys!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)