stop counting clicks after the game is over?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for counting pictures. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • I have it set up so that every time I click, it adds one to the "shots fired" things but then after the game ends and the player dies, it still adds to that text every-time you click. I'd assume I could fix it with an IF ELSE statement, but all I've accomplished is total confusion. How do I do this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A variable that goes to 1 if the game finishes and an action to add to your shot fired event ( If GameEnded = 0 )

• A variable that goes to 1 if the game finishes and an action to add to your shot fired event ( If GameEnded = 0 )Can you PM me? That would make this a lot easier. Anyways, set a global variable that, say, bumps up to one once the game ends. Then have an action, (based off what event?) that does what exactly?

• Okay , I'll try to describe it as easy as possible in steps ...

1 - Create a Variable GameEnded that starts at the value of 0

2 - In the event that triggers the end of the game , add this action : Set GameEnded to 1

3 - In the events that adds 1 to ShotsFired , add this condition : If GameEnded = 0

That's all !

Cheers ...

• Okay , I'll try to describe it as easy as possible in steps ...

1 - Create a Variable GameEnded that starts at the value of 0

2 - In the event that triggers the end of the game , add this action : Set GameEnded to 1

3 - In the events that adds 1 to ShotsFired , add this condition : If GameEnded = 0

That's all !

Cheers ...Wouldn't that set the shots fired back to zero?

• Nope ... It wouldn't set it to zero , It would only make it so it won't add anymore when the game is finished !

• Would this variable be Global? I didn't know that you couls "set" anything other than text..

• Check out the manual :P

It would answer to all your little questions !

Cheers

• Check out the manual :P

It would answer to all your little questions !

CheersThe manual's my best friend!haha, I"ll figure something out, hopefully. Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)