Sprite bank assistance *Solved

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • I need some help using the sprite bank plugin. I'm new to construct 2 but I do understand the basic functions and plugins. Right now i'm trying to make a game that involves two layouts and when you click space bar button the character sprite changes from layout 1 to layout 2 and clicking space bar again does the same thing.

But I want the characters to be in the same spot for both layouts (if that makes any sense).

So basically

-when the character moves in layout 1, position x and y are saved

-When you click spacebar, transfer character position x and y to layout 2

-respawn in layout 2 in same x and y position as layout 1

-repeat when going from layout 2 to layout 1

I can't seem to find a way for the layouts to save the position of the character sprites. I did find a plugin called "sprite bank" but i'm a little confused on how it works. Any help is appreciated and if possible could someone provide a capx example of layer changing with x and y values being saved only? I did try the plugin but when i change layers, the old sprite creates multiple copies of itself so maybe i gotta add a destroy action?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Might try making the object global, of course that adds some issues, enough for me to say you might want to rethink the layout switching, for layers perhaps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)