Sprite Animation switch on mouse Location

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Sorry if this is re-post I looked before posting this but couldn't find anything.

I have a Sprite that is the "Player" (Front) and I have a Right, Left, and Behind Frame for when he is looking in a particular direction.

I have no idea on how to go about doing this I basically want my "Player" to display the "Behind" Frame for when my mouse is above him and display the "Right" Frame for when my mouse is to the Right of him and so forth for the "Left" and "Front" Frames.

Sorry if I'm not clear enough, I read the rules I know this is not suppose to be a make my game for me deal I want to know how this would be made for future reference and if I'm not Clear enough I will try to be more clear if no one understands.

• you can try to use system expression to calculate the angle between mouse and player, if it is between 45 to -45, then right, if between 45 to 135, then up and so on

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • An easy way to get the angle is to use a sprite to draw a line from the player to the mouse position. Then check the angle of that sprite like yuquanzhou007 suggested.

Here is a quick example: MouseAngle.capx

PS: The MouseAngle sprite is supposed to be invisible, but I left it visible to illustrate how it works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)