Sound Delay!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Okay so I'm very near the completion of my game. I've begun inserting music and sound effects, but they all have a delay! Testing on the broswer is fine, but on Crosswalk (every device I've tried, including a Note 4 so shouldn't be a power issue), every sound has a delay. It can't be because of loading, because I have preload settings on and the delay happens every time the sound plays. I can't tell why this is but it's a significant delay that ruins the feel of the game.

Has anyone else experiences this? If so how did you get around it?

• I have experienced this when making one of my mobile games. It actually drove me crazy to the point where I started a new project for the PC only. Maybe try different exporters? I hear you can get the sound to work on IOS pretty well, though I don't have any apple products to test on.

If anyone else has any luck with this I would like to know also.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=123936&p=886327#p886327 Heres the link to the topic I posted in.

• ReMasteredGames macadamchris I ran into this issue as well. The solution on mobile is there has to be something touched on the screen before sound starts. so have a start button or some other button to have the player push before the game starts and it triggers sound. As far as I know there is no other solution, but I could be wrong.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ReMasteredGames macadamchris I ran into this issue as well. The solution on mobile is there has to be something touched on the screen before sound starts. so have a start button or some other button to have the player push before the game starts and it triggers sound. As far as I know there is no other solution, but I could be wrong.

I have, I have a start screen, mode select screen and everything. But every sound has like a whole second delay! It's driving me crazy!

Does Scirra know any kind of solution?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)