Sonic homing attack image & sound bug [FIXED]

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Hybrid Sonic Branding Kit is a business identity & motion graphics sound effects library.
  • EDIT: Fixed lol.

So, I built a homing attack for my sonic fangame, and there are 2 things that are wrong with it:

1. The target image is appearing millions of times before an attack. This will take resources and interfere with the animation.

2. When Sonic launches, there's supposed to be a sound. the sound plays AFTER the homing attack has completed.

There is a range bug, but I'll fix that myself. Problem 2 isn't a huge deal, but I'll like a workaround. Problem 1 is a huge deal, because not only does it look bad on animations, but it may decrease performance.

Please help. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15M06Mc ... sp=sharing

Repost 'cause my previous thread wasn't noticed.

• I would never understand why people create several fancy start screens and add 40+ megabytes of music and animations, before coding basic game mechanics. Doesn't it annoy you when you have to listen to the same music and go through the same screens hundreds of times every day?

You could have at least removed all that unrelated stuff before posting it here, as a courtesy to those who are willing to help you.

1. You are spawning targetspr in event #27 on every tick while 3 conditions are met. If you just want to spawn this sprite once, you can add another condition:

targetspr.count=0

2. Not sure which sound you are talking about. When I press Z, the "jump" sound is played immediately.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would never understand why people create several fancy start screens and add 40+ megabytes of music and animations, before coding basic game mechanics. Doesn't it annoy you when you have to listen to the same music and go through the same screens hundreds of times every day?

You could have at least removed all that unrelated stuff before posting it here, as a courtesy to those who are willing to help you.

1. You are spawning targetspr in event #27 on every tick while 3 conditions are met. If you just want to spawn this sprite once, you can add another condition:

targetspr.count=0

2. Not sure which sound you are talking about. When I press Z, the "jump" sound is played immediately.

1. ...........true.

2. Thanks lol, fixed the problem after my fix.

3. Eh, idc. It wasn't he jump sound though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)