[solved]What am I doing wrong? Guide Path

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • I have setup a guide path for an enemy ship to follow on spawn. Hits the first guide and goes up, second guide goes left and third guide goes down. Hitting the guides works just fine, but the direction the ship is facing does not work going up or down. It enters the layout facing the right direction and is facing the right direction when the ship hits the second guide point moving it to the right. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong to get the ship to face up on hitting the first guide and face down hitting the third guide point?

I have tried rotating the enemy ship to different points in the animation as well but the up and down does not change no matter what rotation position i put it to in the frame.

I have setup animation frames for each direction by rotating the image clockwise for each direction.

This is the event sheet section

This is the layout

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You don't need animation frames for different angles. Just keep one frame with the ship facing to the right.

Then use Enemy1->Set Angle action to rotate the ship to the same angle as your Bullet.AngleOfMotion

Or you can set "Set Angle=Yes" in Bullet behavior properties and it will fly in the direction of the sprite, i.e. you will only need to change sprite angle. Bullet angle of motion will be changed automatically.

• You don't need animation frames for different angles. Just keep one frame with the ship facing to the right.

Then use Enemy1->Set Angle action to rotate the ship to the same angle as your Bullet.AngleOfMotion

Or you can set "Set Angle=Yes" in Bullet behavior properties and it will fly in the direction of the sprite, i.e. you will only need to change sprite angle. Bullet angle of motion will be changed automatically.

dop2000 awesome thank you so much! knew it had to be something simple, guess i was over complicating it. Used the second method and worked like a charm, which of course i'm sure you knew it would

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)