[Solved]How do I Move Camera Using Keyboard?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • So here is the concept :

1. The character will automaticaly move on platform style game from the starting point to finish point

2. The player must move the screen view to follow the character movement, if the character is no longer captured in the view, gameover

If you don't got it, you can try to play such game here

kongre*gate.com/games/TurtleCream/long-take

So, is it possible to create such game using Construct 2?

anyone care to explain the basic?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I managed to make the auto moving system using simple platform and move forward in event editor

Is there any other auto movement better than this?

So now I need to know how to move the camera

• Are you talking about 'autorunner' type games?

If so, there are built-in templates in C2 for such, as well as numerous examples posted in the forums.

• Are you talking about 'autorunner' type games?

If so, there are built-in templates in C2 for such, as well as numerous examples posted in the forums.

No, it's not an auto runner game

Please take a look at url posted on first post to get the idea and if you can solve it, I'll be very glad

• If possible, as it is 2D, you'll have to play with a camera, zoom effects, scroll, keyboard, ...

• If possible, as it is 2D, you'll have to play with a camera, zoom effects, scroll, keyboard, ...

Yeah,my main question is how to move the camera view using keyboard controller and how to detect whether the character is still on camera view or not

• I use a scroll object (hidden) linked to the keyboard and detect, is if the objective is to compare the axes ( x ,y ).

• I use a scroll object (hidden) linked to the keyboard and detect, is if the objective is to compare the axes ( x ,y ).

Yes, I've just tried that

So, here is what I did

I use 2 object, 1 is hidden and used to "move" the camera, the other one is used as the main character who which will be "auto running" to the end of the level

The character object moves like I wanted, automatically to the end of the level. Now, the question is how to move the hidden object?

Which movement should I add? I've tried 8 movements, but no result

• Ok, well!

I use object custom keyboard function, example: if i press the left button that scroll with - 5 pixels, ...

Yes, I've just tried that

So, here is what I did

I use 2 object, 1 is hidden and used to "move" the camera, the other one is used as the main character which will be "auto running" to the end of the level

The character object moves like I wanted, automatically to the end of the level. Now, the question is how to move the hidden object?

Which movement should I add? I've tried 8 movements, but no result

• When you have finished the game give me the link to play

• When you have finished the game give me the link to play

I hope soon!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)