[Solved] ...complete connection to Scrirra signalling server

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • I'm using nearly exact code from Ashley's multiplayer tutorial...

[attachment=0:3q4actra][/attachment:3q4actra]

When my game connects to Scirra signalling server, the Multiplayer.IsConnectedToSignallingServer event fires over and over and over, outputting "Connected, logging in..." forever basically. The Multiplayer.LogInWithAlias line, I assume never sends/fires or if it does, the Multiplayer.OnSignallingLoggedIn event never receives/fires. The connection never completes.

Is there an issue with the Scirra signalling server or is the tutorial old or am I doing something wrong?

• This behavior is natural -- event 1 evaluates true every frame that you're successfully connected to the signalling server. Going by the tutorial, it looks like you want to use "On signalling connected" -- which is a trigger -- rather than "Is connected to signalling server".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • linkman2004 I thought I tried that. Maybe I didn't. Let me take a look again. Thank you!

• This behavior is natural -- event 1 evaluates true every frame that you're successfully connected to the signalling server. Going by the tutorial, it looks like you want to use "On signalling connected" -- which is a trigger -- rather than "Is connected to signalling server".

Yep that worked. Damn I thought for sure I tried that. But same as last "How do I...", you're brilliant and I'm a moron

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)