Smooth Experience in Windows 8

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • I really don't know what is going on but I just want a smooth experience in Windows 8 Apps.

I've tried just a simple platform controller square object sitting on top of a jump thru platform on the ground. moving left or right every second or so there is a blip and the controller sprite lags for a brief instant in what looks like lag.

The project runs fine in browsers just when i export to windows 8 and run i get this behaviour. I tested it on 2 different machines all showing the same thing.

Any idea?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • :UPDATE:

After hours of messing around with a ton of settings and machines I decided to just make an appx and install it to see what happens.

Works 100% with no issues.

So the question is? How do I test it in VS without these issues.

:UPDATE2:

Lol so apparently the issues is if you run it in Visual Studio with Debugging enabled you have issues. If you just run it without Debugging it runs like a champ. I have never had Debugging cause this much of a performance issue before so I never even thought of trying it without it on.

Hopefully this helps other people and now I am extrememely satisfied with my Construct and my purchase =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)