Sine behavior problem

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I'm trying to use the vertical movement on a jump_through platform I made.

But whether it's very buggy or I'm doing something terribly wrong here.

While the platform is moving downward the player flickers and falls intermittently.

and while it's going up and you fall on it, you go through it.

Is there something that could be done to solve this issue?

• Are you perhaps using physics in any of those objects?

Also check the collision mask on both objects and try setting it to a box.

• It's just a regular no physics game, and the collisions boxes are all set to bounding box.

I even made a separate file to check if I had messes something up in the original file I'm working on. But it seems that the problem is in fact not my fault (I think)...

I also added some debug text to demonstrate the problem. I also tried all the wave types, and they all have the same issue. This only happens with the vertical movement.

dl.dropbox.com/u/20613220/Test_VerticalSine.capx

1- While the platform is moving downward the player flickers and falls intermittently (always)

2- While it's going up and you fall on it, you can go through it (9 of 10 times)

• Let's see if Ashley can answer tomorrow. In the meanwhile I guess you could try doing a moving platform with just events and see if the same problems are still happening. An easy way would be to create 2 platforms with the Wrap behaviour, one that goes always up and one that goes always down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No need, I found a solution on the forums and fixed my program with it =)

Here's the capx

dl.dropbox.com/u/20613220/sine%20fix.capx

However, I'm sure the Vertical Sine movement is not working as intended. The solution to make it work is not "intuitive" at all.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)