Shorter way to code this?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Two levels with two sistem Wave. with Source-code (.c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello all,

This is my first post and I am very excited to be joining the community and making games myself. I'm still trying to figure out how Contruct 2 works and don't have a clear idea of what kind of game I want to make yet. I made this test app which has a test character in the middle and keyboard arrow keys move the character around. Trying to create a character and when the user presses the arrow keys the character turns in that direction and moves. Here is my project testing this out: dropbox.com/s/2prlkyeotratxie/test.capx. I got it working myself, but I was hoping that someone with more experience can take a double check at the events I used to see if this is the right way to do such a thing. Seems like alot of lines of "code" for such a simple action but maybe this is how it works. Again I got the end result I wanted but am just looking to see if maybe there is another way of doing such a move. Thanks for any help.

-Mike

• Yes there is a MUCH easier way to do this.

You should check out the tutorial Ghost Shooter. It's exactly what your looking for.

For what you did. You can do 0 events. I extremly strongly suggest going though the tutorial mentioned.

Number one tutorial that all new developers should read. it will answer many questions and gve incredible insight on how C2 works. I did what you did trying to muddle my way through the tools, but after reading this tutorial I've managed to figure out most of my problem on my own.

scirra.com/tutorials/37/beginners-guide-to-construct-2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That worked great, Thanks!

• Welcome to the community! I would highly suggest working through the tutorials, reading the manual and then starting by cracking open some of the samples that ship with Construct 2. That will eliminate about 90% of the questions you will have when starting out, and ensure that you are asking questions that will get you maximum return. Can't wait to see what you do with Construct 2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)