Set up WASD for 8 Directional movement?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy jumping mechanic with 8 direction behaviour. 9 EVENTS
  • I've used the 8 Directional movement from the behaviors options, but who honestly uses arrows anymore lol...

I can see you can change the max speed and such for it, but nothing else. Is there a way to edit it further? Or do I have to make the 8 Directional movement from scratch?

I'm sure this question must have been asked before, but I did a couple searches and found nothing.

• Brian.
  • Add events:

Keyboard is pressing W - sprite simulate 8 direction pressing up..

etcetera

• personally i recommend using platform movement but for 8 direction when you are adding an action just go into whatever has the behavior 8 direction and then click simulate control W, A, S, or D and for the event you will need to add the keyboard plugin to your project then do keyboard key is down again W, A, S, or D

• LittleStain and

I'm completely lost. The only thing I can see that even mentions 8DM is on the left panel but has nothing about controls other than one with a yes/no option and under events I open keyboard and have little luck after that... like I said. I'm a noob lol. Use to use Gamesalad.

• It's an event action in the event editor, not on the default page. This all could be found reading the manual entry for 8-Direction Behavior and its followup link Behavior Reference - Custom movement.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LittleStain and

I'm completely lost. The only thing I can see that even mentions 8DM is on the left panel but has nothing about controls other than one with a yes/no option and under events I open keyboard and have little luck after that... like I said. I'm a noob lol. Use to use Gamesalad.

Open up your event sheet tab and add event..

To be able to work with keyboard events you should first add a keyboard object to your project..

It might be of use if you don't know about event sheets and/or events to follow a few tutorials from the tutorial-section of this page to get the hang of things..

• > LittleStain and

> I'm completely lost. The only thing I can see that even mentions 8DM is on the left panel but has nothing about controls other than one with a yes/no option and under events I open keyboard and have little luck after that... like I said. I'm a noob lol. Use to use Gamesalad.

>

Open up your event sheet tab and add event..

To be able to work with keyboard events you should first add a keyboard object to your project..

It might be of use if you don't know about event sheets and/or events to follow a few tutorials from the tutorial-section of this page to get the hang of things..

Yes i'd done that haha, but nothing else after selecting keyboard stands out.

I added a Keyboard. I know about event sheets system, characters, ticks and so on. Not perfect but I get the idea, same sorta system Gamesalad uses so I picked that up fairly quickly.

I will search for "This all could be found reading the manual entry for 8-Direction Behavior and its followup link Behavior Reference - Custom movement." Thanks everyone!

• I READ THIS THREAD THEN FIGURED IT OUT!!! Thank you ALL!!

• I READ THIS THREAD THEN FIGURED IT OUT!!! Thank you ALL!!

Glad you figured it out, but...

ehhmm..

The answer in that thread is exactly the same as my first reaction..

• ozboybrian try this tutorial

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1273/player-movement

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)