Set Multiple Texts With Click (SOLVED)

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Simple, negative, pozitive
  • Hello,

I'm making the main screen for a new game. I have one text object--called "options_button"--for all of the options. The default text is "CHALLENGE". I placed it into the room five times for each option:

"CHALLENGE"

"FREEPLAY"

"STORE"

"SAVE"

"LOAD"

At the start of the layout, I pick each instance of the object and change the text accordingly. That works fine.

However, I'm having trouble with setting text once I click on any instance of the object. For example, when I click "CHALLENGE", I want the text options to be:

"SONG"

"LOCATION"

"PLAY"

"BACK"

I cannot pick individual instances this time, for whatever reason. Or maybe I can, and just don't know how. I want the first set of options to change to the second set of options...without creating another object, preferably. How can I accomplish that?

Thanks,

Satellite23

(6/20) SOLVED: I needed to run the System Pick All Instances event for the options_button object. Then each option text is checked...if the text is "CHALLENGE," it's changed to "SONG"..."FREEPLAY" to "LOCATION" and so on. It was a matter of simply checking the object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)