Set Angle of Bullet

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • Hello,

I'm trying to play around with the properties of the bullet function. I'm trying to make it so that it simply rotates the bullet modifier but not the sprite. I understand that you can set angle of the bullet separately but where as when you are setting the angle of a sprite you can set its angle towards two points, you can only set the bullet towards one point. I have been racking my brain trying to make it go towards an X,Y position but am not having much luck.

I hope I have been clear enough. I'm trying to create side-on RTS(style) movement, for which I don't want the sprites to angle towards the point, because they turn upside down at certain points.

Regards,

Ian

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So you need to do a "Set angle towards position" with bullet angle of motion? Use the "Set bullet angle of motion" action and the angle expression:

angle(Bullet.X, Bullet.Y, Target.X, Target.Y)

• Ah the expression was the thing I was struggling with. Thank you very much, I understand what I was doing wrong now.

Regards,

Ian

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)