Seperate parallax backgrounds

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 10 Parallax Background to make pixel art game.
  • How do I make my backgrounds to have infinite parallax scrolling, now I know how to have backgrounds on multiple layer with parallax effect but let's say my maps are 10000x10000 format and the game window size is 1024x768 how must I put make it so that each tiled background has infinite width? it runs out of width replacing it with transparency when I move too far to the right causing the tiled background to run out, must I give the background tiles 1000000 width (basically infinite width) or is that a wrong method to give infinite size?

Thanks in advance.

• Check out the endless runner template that comes with Construct 2. For that they didn't use tiled backgrounds, but instead just added a new one on the right when needed, and removed any that went offscreen to the left.

If you want to use a tiled background, you could just set the origin to the left and change the width dynamically.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks thehen, I'l do that.

That didn't exactly work, Here's my .capx file to show you what I want to do and what's happening wrong (keep in mind this is only a beta version of my game it's just to show you what I need to do)

sendspace.com/file/arqjca

• Woah, this thread is already in 3rd page :/ I still need help with multiple parallax layers guys, I provided my .capx file in my last post so you could help me out on it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)