Screen constantly moving

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • How do I let the screen constantly moving forward? I think it's something related with the parallax but i'm not really sure.

Here's my project

dropbox.com/s/wd834jrr8m8hv8z/lvl2.capx

• I don't understand your question. Seems like the game is working fine

• I don't understand your question. Seems like the game is working fine

It is working fine, but I want that the image as background moves automatically just like this game youtube.com/watch

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, first things first. Your background is a solid purple, so no movement would be noticeable.

You can achieve movement in two ways.

1. Make the player constantly move forwards and keep the window scrolling with it. Either via ScrollTo, MagiCam or just hardcoding it with events.

2. Keep the player stationary (like your capx is currently set up) and move the background instead. This is more similar to how older games do things.

Either one has pro's and con's, use whichever you're most comfortable with. After you've decided which way to go it's simply a matter of doing your homework.

• Well, first things first. Your background is a solid purple, so no movement would be noticeable.

You can achieve movement in two ways.

1. Make the player constantly move forwards and keep the window scrolling with it. Either via ScrollTo, MagiCam or just hardcoding it with events.

2. Keep the player stationary (like your capx is currently set up) and move the background instead. This is more similar to how older games do things.

Either one has pro's and con's, use whichever you're most comfortable with. After you've decided which way to go it's simply a matter of doing your homework.

Yeah the second one is what i want to do. Thanks, i'll do a little research...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)